Winterland is Now Open!
Winterland 2019 is now open with several new displays to enhance the show! This year the Chamber and Parks Department purchased over $60,000 in new displays to keep this popular holiday light show fresh and bigger every year. Featured are the "12 Days of Christmas" and a new "Winterland" archway in the pool parking lot, perfect for taking your annual Winterland Family photo! Santa continues to be in the Train Station on Friday, Saturday and Sunday's thru December 23rd.
- Hours are, 6-9 Monday through Thursday with admission of $5.
- Friday, Saturday hours are 6-10 with admission of $10.
- Sunday hours are 6-9 with admission of $10.
Santa is in the Train Station on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with the BPA chapter from Danville High School providing picture opportunities along with cookies and hot chocolate!
Inspirations and Conversations
Inspirations and Conversations is a business mentoring group that has been formed by the Danville Chamber of Commerce as a result of the Strategic Plan that the Town of Danville completed earlier this year to assist small businesses and those who are interested in starting a business. This group meets at the Chamber office in the Town Hall on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 3:00 pm. Terry Wilkin, retired advisor for the Indiana Small Business Development Corp. is the facilitator. For questions, contact the Chamber at 317-745-0670.
Videos highlights our beautiful town...
2019 Community Award Winners
Laugh with Us was a great evening to have some fun and celebrate some very special people in our community. Along with the comedic entertainment by John Mollaun from Hope Healthcare, our community awards were announced. The winners were as follows
· Public Servant – Ray Raney, Chief of the Danville Metropolitan Police Department
· Community Spirit – Brad and Christine Born, Mayberry Café
· Business Leader – Betsy Bassett, Beehive/2 Guys Pies
· Educator – Kaley May, Danville High School Girls Basketball Coach, History Teacher
· Young Professional- Marina Keers, Executive Director of Hendricks County Senior Services
· Chamber Member-Rick Myers, Hendricks County Business Leader/ICON
· President’s Awards were given to Harmony Baptist Church and West Bridge Church for their efforts in assisting the chamber and the community with events and community needs.
Congratulations to the winners and to those who were nominated. Danville is blessed to have so many great leaders in our community. A silent auction was also held to support the Larry Reynolds Scholarship Fund. Thank you to our sponsors for the event, Hendricks County Business Leader/ICON; Hendricks College Network; Danville School Corporation; Town of Danville; North Salem State Bank and Abstract & Title. Thank you all for your support!
(Photo by Betty Bartley, Republican Newspaper)
L-R, Jon Lilly, (Harmony Baptist Church); Anne & John Johansson, (West Bridge Church); Rick Myers; Kaley May; Marina Keers and Ray Raney. Winners not pictured are Brad & Christine Born and Betsy Bassett.